A Building Management System (BMS) is often used to control equipment in large, commercial buildings , (primarily heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems). In many cases, a BMS does a great job at ensuring occupants are comfortable in the building; however hidden issues with energy performance often exist. A BMS Review identifies hidden energy performance issues and provides solutions to improve occupant comfort and decrease energy consumption.
Rigorous and thorough analysis of historical data from each item of equipment the BMS controls is used to identify issues including (but not limited to):
- Excessive operating hours
- Fighting between space heating and cooling
- Excessive use of outside air when not required
- Insufficient use of outside air when free cooling is available and required
- Faulty hardware and poorly tuned controls